Senator Teslim Kolawole officially joined the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Saturday, 16th of December 2017. The former senate leader was received by the national leader of the party, His Excellency Asiwaju Bola Hammed Tinubu, the then National Chairman of the party, His Excellency Chief John Odigie Oyegun; former Oyo State Governor and now Deputy National Chairman (South) of the party- His Excellency Senator Isiaq Abiola Ajimobi; former Governor of Osun State and now Federal Minister of Interior – His Excellency Ogbeni Abdulrauf Aregbesola; Ondo State Governor – His Excellency Arakunrin Rotimi Akeredolu; former Ogun State Governor – Senator Ibikunle Amosun; and other political heavyweights. The historic defection took place at the ancient Mapo Hall in Ibadan, Oyo State.
The stewardship compiled by his media aide, YSO Olaniyi said ahead of the 2019 general elections, Oloye Teslim Folarin picked the senatorial nomination form of the APC for Oyo Central Senatorial District, and was elected as the party’s candidate in September 2018.
The National Assembly elections that was held on February 23, 2019, produced Oloye Folarin as the winner. The INEC returning officer, Professor Idowu Peter Farai, declared 91,080 votes in favour of Oloye Folarin.
He received his certificate of return as a senator-elect from the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on 14 March 2019 and assumed office on 11th June 2019 following the inauguration of the 9th Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
He was subsequently appointed as the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Local Contents and he is also a member of the following Senate Committees: National Security and Intelligence, Finance, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Inter-parliamentary, Constitutional Amendment, Airforce and Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
THE LAST 365 DAYS AS SENATOR
Here is the account of stewardship of Distinguished Senator Folarin in the last 365 days. This is to review performance and analyse his strengths with a view to charting a new course in this new legislative year.
SB 363: Federal University (Special) Oyo Town, Oyo State (Est.etc) Bill, 2020
Status: Second Reading
SB 417: Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development (Amendment) Bill, 2020
Status: Public Hearing
SB 418: Nigerian Local Content Development Regulation Bill, 2020
Status: Public Hearing
1. Urgent need to reduce accidents involving trucks and articulated lorries on our Highways – Sponsor
2. Upgrade of Ibadan Airport to international airport with modern facilities – Co-sponsor
3. Need to Review the Act establishing the NYSC to make graduates more resourceful- Sponsor
4. Urgent call for FG support for devastated areas in Obia Nkor communities in Anambra State and other communities.- Co-sponsor.
5. Need to make developmental Aids more effective to work for Nigerians- Co-Sponsor
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES FACILITATED
*National Assembly- Two (2)
*National Assembly Service Commission- Five (5)
*Ngerian Police Force- Three (3)
*Federal Capital Territory Authority- One (1)
*National Space Research Agency- One (1)
*National Agency Quarantine Services- One (1)
*Nigerian Institute of Social & Economic Research (NISER) – One (1)
*Federal Inland Revenue Services (FIRS) – One (1)
1. Construction of two blocks of four classrooms at Methodist Primary School Gangansi, Ona-Ara Local Government Area
2. Construction of a block of nine classrooms at Aiyepe community school, Egbeda Local Government Area
3. Construction of two blocks of four classrooms at Ogbongan in Akinyele Local Government Area.
4. Construction of a block of six classrooms at L.A School Bola I, II and III, Oyo West Local Government Area
SOLAR SECURITY LIGHTS
*Five (5) solar stands at Olode village in Surulere Local Government Area
*Two (2) Solar stands at Alagba Village at Surulere Local Government Area
*Three (3) Solar stands at Monijuku at Surulere Local Government Area
*Two (2) Solar stands at Elewuro in Surulere Local Government Area
*Seven (7) Solar stands at Ayede village at Ogo-Oluwa Local Government Area
1. Training and supply of grain grinding machines for women and youths in selected LGAs of Oyo Central, organized by Nigerian Institute for Oceanography and Marine Research (NIOMR), Lagos.
2. Training and supply of farm inputs, seeds and agro-chemicals for rural farmers in selected LGAs of Oyo Central, organized by Nigerian Institute for Oceanography and Marine Research (NIOMR)
3. Training and supply of farm implements and seedlings for rural farmers in selected LGAs of Oyo Central, organized by Nigerian Institute for Oceanography and Marine Research (NIOMR)
4. Provision of grants for selected rural farmers in selected LGAs of Oyo Central, organized by Nigerian Institute for Oceanography and Marine Research (NIOMR)
NOMINATED CONSTITUENCY PROJECTS FOR 2020
In this year 2020, Distinguished Senator Teslim Kolawole Folarin nominated the following three Zonal Intervention Projects
*N100 million for empowerment of cooperatives
*N100 million for the empowerment of youth, women and vulnerable people in the industrial business environment of the district, and
*N50 million for the supply of empowerment items to constituents
He has also facilitated into the 2020 budget:
*Nine (9) ICT Centres across the senatorial District
*One (1) Oil and Gas Advanced Training Centre at a federal university
*Blocks of classrooms at eight (8) different schools
*Four (4) health centres across the district
*Boreholes across the district
*N120million for youth empowerment programmes
The above are to be directly executed by various Federal government agencies and parastatals
1. Senator Folarin distributed N5million cash and N25million worth of food items to his constituents so as to cushion the effects of the COVID-19 lockdown.
2. Additional giveaway cash via a phone-in radio programmes
*Fresh FM Ibadan: Let’s Talk About It co-anchored by Yinka Ayefele and Enitan Bamidele; Gbarada co-anchored by Aare Olalomi Amole and Chief Komolafe Olaiya; Eku iyanju by Enitan Bamidele; and Oyin Ado co-anchored by Aare Olalomi Amole and Chief Komolafe Olaiya
*Lagelu FM Ibadan: Erebente Extra anchored by Temitayo Oyeladun; Leyin Iroyin co-anchored by Titilayo Akinsola and Kola Oladapo (Mr. Nice Guy); and Balelayo anchored by Otunba Kola Ladoke
3. Relief Packages for Vulnerable Women and less privileged on Lagelu FM Ibadan, Atelewo Eni co-anchored by Adeosun Kayode and Abolore Salami
4. Continuous sensitization of the constituents in the eleven LGAs of the district on the dangers of the novel coronavirus
5. Continuous distributions of sanitizers across the Senatorial district
6. Continuous distribution of cash relief and food palliatives to the most vulnerable constituents.
Distinguished Senator Teslim Folarin THANKS the people of Oyo Central, traditional rulers, opinion leaders, stakeholders and the APC family for their supports thus far. Oloye Folarin reiterates his commitment to qualitative representation of the people of Oyo Central Senatorial District. He assures that our people in Oyo Central will witness more constituency projects and other meaningful dividends of democracy in 2020 and beyond.
Com. Y.S.O Olaniyi is the Special Adviser on Media & Publicity to Distinguished Senator Teslim Kolawole Folarin and Coordinator, TKF Media Resource Centre